Maui - Day 2 (the more adventurous version).
In addition to total and complete lazying on our second day in Maui, we:
1) Stopped at a beach by Lahaina to touch the ocean (yes, it was early enough in our vacay where we got excited just to touch water) but found lost bagels instead.
2) Spent a few hours at Big Beach in Makena, which had gorgeous blue water and fun waves. I sort of wish we had stayed longer so that Kellys who are sort of afraid of water could get over their fears, but then Robertsons that burn would have gotten crispier. I guess we found a good middle ground there.
3) Drank coconuts and I ceremoniously broke my three-year-plus 95%-vegetarianism (something I’ve been thinking about doing for some time now) w a lipsmackin’ pulled pork and kimchi sandwich (not pictured) at a laid back local sammich shop w game tables
4) Watched a pretty cool and apparently nightly processional of dude-with-torch to the Black Rock (less cool: this happened on the Sheraton property as we were walking back to our room) where he lights up the final light on the rock before him and his homeboys take turns diving into the water and canoeing back to land
5) Hit up a local fish market to learn about native fish of Hawaii, get some bomb poke (again, not pictured), and a seared ahi sammich.
Real nature-y vacay pics up next!